RAGE Select Information
Select Age Groups: U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14.
SELECT AGE GROUP CHART
Pleasanton Rage is required to follow US Soccer age group definitions.
- 5 months (July-December)
- 2 x weekly training
- U9-U14 age groups
- Professional (licensed) coaching
- Competitive League – NorCal Bronze level or lower
- State Cup OR tournament opportunity
- Tryouts in July 2020
U9-U14: $900 + $275 Registration*
*Uniform is not included
Players are welcome to attend Comp tryouts and if they are not placed on a Comp team, they are encouraged to attend Select tryouts.
- Teams will be formed by skill level determined by our professional coaches at club placements (tryouts) in July.
- Select teams will be formed in the U9-U14 age groups if there are enough players at placements (tryouts) registered to play. Multiple teams per age group could be formed based on the numbers.
Tryouts will take place in July after the Comp tryouts are completed. Coaches will evaluate players and choose players for Select teams. If players do not make a Select team, they will have a place on a Recreational/Flight team in the Fall.
While we will not have year-round games for our Select players, we will offer additional training sessions in the Winter and Spring months.
Absolutely! We support players playing multiple sports at our Competitive, Select, and Recreational/Flight levels.
As a guideline, there is an exception that Select players will attend a minimum of 75% of training sessions.
All Select coaches will be professional, paid coaches with minimum USSF licensing requirements. Within our Select program, we will consider parent coaches who meet these requirements within the hiring process with the Recreation Director and Director of Coaching. Current RAGE Competitive coaching staff will have Head Coaching positions within the Select program.
- Game schedules will be released in August, with games likely taking place on various Saturdays and Sundays, with the potential for more than 1 game per weekend. Tryouts will take place in July, with training beginning the following week in July.
- Select teams will compete at the Bronze NorCal division for league play and in a comparable NorCal State Cup Division. Travel for league play will typically be within a 30-mile radius.
By offering a Select program, we are able to take the best of our former Flight program and add these features to our Recreational/Flight program, including regular professional training sessions for every age group and a season-ending tournament.
- Create a better playing experience with more balanced competition and parity within all 3 levels
- Extended season creating unique opportunities like State Cup and/or area tournaments with outside (non-RAGE) competition
- Professional coaches for our intermediate level maximizing the development experience