We have developed a comprehensive Parent Handbook of the RAGE competitive soccer program. We hope you will refer to it whenever you have questions about policy or procedures.As your club has grown in complexity, the Technical Staff and volunteer Board members find that we are asked frequently for explanations of policy. This Handbook is intended to provide the detailed explanations you need. Without a Handbook, the time spent addressing these questions, all of which are valid, has grown to the point of compromising Staff’s ability to perform their primary function. We appeal to you to utilize this document FIRST to find answers, then use e-mail to communicate with Staff or the Board. Our purpose is not to build a wall between us, but to provide for much greater efficiency in our primary love: teaching your daughters how to play soccer.
MISSION STATEMENT:The Pleasanton Rage is an all girls soccer club that makes team and player development its central focus. We offer challenging programs at all levels that demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of the whole player including the technical, tactical, physical, and psychological areas of our player’s development within the team environment.
Parents are vital to our organization. Support your child, your coach, and the referees. Encourage your child to respect the referees and coach.
- Not force an unwilling child to participate in sports.
- Remember children are involved in organized sports for their enjoyment.
- Teach your child always to play by the rules.
- Teach your child that hard work and an honest effort are often more important than a victory.
- Help your child work toward skill improvement and good sportsmanship in every game. Your child will then be a winner even in defeat.
- Do not ridicule or yell at your child for making a mistake or for losing a game.
- Set a good example. Children learn best by example.
- Applaud good plays by your team and by member of the opposing team.
- Do not publicly question referee judgment and never their honesty.
- Recognize the value and importance of volunteer coaches, referees and officials and give them their due respect.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from youth sporting activities.
Recreational Parent’s Corner is coming soon