RAGE Marketing Paid-Internships
|What?||Two (2) RAGE paid internships providing experience in marketing and public relations.
Responsibilities include production and management of digital and print media (social media, web, video and newsletter content, advertising, graphics production).
|When?||September 2019 – May 2020|
|Estimated Hours||5 hrs/week (combination of RAGE office, home, events)|
|Pay||$13/hr + $20 monthly stipend for personal phone and computer use|
Pleasanton RAGE’s vision is to provide the most exceptional all-girls soccer experience in the country, recognized for developing valued skills in its players, on and off the field. To that end, we are starting an internship program where two high school students each year will have an opportunity to develop professional skills in marketing, writing, public relations, advertising, and digital media/social media.
You will work as a team to produce content that promote RAGE and develop a positive connection with RAGE families and surrounding communities. RAGE will strive to organize at least quarterly meet-ups with professionals in these fields and will support attendance at related educational seminars (social media, web production, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write content: feature stories, articles, profiles, blog posts, and more that inform the community of happenings at RAGE or bring awareness to topics central to our mission (leadership, service, gender equity, etc.)
- Photography and graphic design: basic image production and editing
- Video production: production of short and long form videos and editing
- Manage, produce and post to RAGE social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
- Manage, produce, and publish content for the RAGE website
- Attend special events to produce content (RAGE tournaments, games, guest speaker events, College Signing Night, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Experience with image and video editing tools (Photoshop, iMovie)
- Use of a personal laptop
- Smartphone with quality camera
- Attend special events as needed on nights and weekends
- Passion for exploring and following topics related to youth sports and women’s leadership
- Critical thinking skills to take and support positions on topics related to the RAGE Mission of empowering players to reach their full potential through soccer, service, and leadership.
Send resume and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept 6.