POSITIVE COACH ALLIANCE (PCA)
RAGE PCA Resource Center
Tools and Resources for Coaches, Parents and AthletesOur goal within RAGE is to foster a Positive Coaching culture. In addition to workshops and general communication for coaches and parents, we have established (with help from PCA) this Resource Center, which provides various tools, resources and ideas to assist you in helping to make our Positive Coaching culture a reality. Whether you're a coach, parent or player, please take advantage of these resources to promote and protect the concepts of Positive Coaching within our club, within your team, and for yourself. Thanks Dan Copenhagen RAGE PCA Director
In our continuing efforts to maintain a positive, supportive culture within our club, we are partnering with the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) again this year. Upcoming workshops for parents have been scheduled, and we strongly encourage one parent from every household to attend. This will help foster respect on the sidelines for officials, opponents, players and coaches. Coaches will also be completing the PCA Double-Goal training this month.
Please pick from one of the following 4 sessions. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Thurs, August 27, 7:00 – 8:00 pm @ Harvest Park multi-purpose room
- Thurs, August 27, 8:00 – 9:00 pm @ Harvest Park
- Weds, Sept 2, 7:00 – 8:00 pm @ Pleasanton Middle School, multi-purpose
- Weds, Sept 2, 8:00 – 9:00 @ Pleasanton Middle School
Thanks in advance for your time!
Dan Copenhagen & The Rage Board of Directors
As coaches, we need your attendance, as well as assistance to get the word out to parents involved in your team(s). An email blast will also be going out directly.
Weds August 26, 7:00 to 9:00 pm @ Pleasanton Middle School multi-purpose room
* All new coaches are required to attend; and the workshop is recommended for all Rec and Comp coaches as a valuable refresher. If you are out of town, please contact me to make other arrangements for attendance.
Thanks for committing your time and energy as a coach for Rage. And remember to “honor the game” as you embark on a new season.
Dan Copenhagen – PCA Director, RAGE
Re: PCA workshops
Thank You to all of the Rage Parents who attended one of the PCA workshops in August. We had over 520 Parents attend! Hopefully you came away with useful information as we work to maintain a positive culture for our kids.
For those who could not attend, there’s still an opportunity to fulfill your required attendance by completing the online Double-Goal Parent course.
Second-Goal Parent® online course – INSTRUCTIONS
1. Go to http://shopping.positivecoach.org/Store/Courses/Second-Goal-Parent, and click “Register with voucher code.” (Option #1)
2. Enter Voucher Code; PleasantonGS818 (case sensitive) at the top of the registration page and complete the form.
3. Once you have completed the registration, you will be directed to the Second-Goal Parent course.
Thanks again, and Go Rage!
Dan Copenhagen – PCA Director
- Double-Goal Coach Job Description
- Positive Charting
- Effort Goals
- Script for Coaches on Redefining Winning
- Script for Coaches on Filling the Emotional Tank
- Script for Honoring the Game
- Flushing and Parking
- Player Pep Talks