Welcome to the College Advisory Service for all freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior student-athletes who represent the Pleasanton Rage Soccer Club.
The objective of this program is to provide players and parents with resources and advice regarding the collegiate recruiting process.
The first step in this process is to arrange a meeting with the College Advisory, who will provide you with a plan, and discuss your daughter’s collegiate goals. Our College Advisors will be Tina Estrada: firstname.lastname@example.org and John Byford: email@example.com
We’re using VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our College Advisory Services for our U15-U18 teams. Because of monthly schedule changes to practice schedules, you will find that I usually update my appointment calendar monthly. I do not allow for appointments to be made more than a month in advance because of this. Apologize for the inconvenience
Please sign up for College Advisory Meetings – here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/cHfeKC
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots – VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Prior to your meeting be sure to prepare a list of at least 10 colleges you have an interest in and be ready to provide a rationale for your choices. The following links provide important information to help you achieve your collegiate soccer objectives.
This service will also advise the parent and student-athlete on the following: Unofficial visits, Official visits, the SAT & ACT, NCAA recruiting rules, College soccer camps, and the NCAA Clearinghouse (www.eligibilitycenter.org/).
Please make sure you bring a copy of your high school transcripts to your Advisor Meeting.
College Recruiting Process Resources
- College Handbook
- Girls Commitments: Campus delight
- National Collegiate Athletic Association, http://www.ncaa.org/ - tons of info on DI,DII, DII academics, requirements, rules, etc
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, http://www.naia.org/ - info on NAIA programs, requirements, etc.
- NCAA Eligibility Center, http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp
- NAIA Eligibility Center, http://www.playnaia.org/
- College Board, http://www.collegeboard.org/ - site has a ton of resources to help with college planning