Welcome to the College Advisory Service for all freshmen, sophomore, junior and senior student-athletes who represent the Pleasanton Rage Soccer Club.
The objective of this program is to provide players and parents with resources and advice regarding the collegiate recruiting process.
The first step in this process is to arrange a meeting with the College Advisory, who will provide you with a plan, and discuss your daughter’s collegiate goals. Our College Advisor is John Byford: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email him directly to schedule an appointment.
Prior to your meeting be sure to prepare a list of at least 25 colleges you have an interest in and be ready to provide a rationale for your choices. The following links provide important information to help you achieve your collegiate soccer objectives.
- College Coach Communication – Email Do’s and Don’ts
- Sample student-athlete resume
- Questions to ask college coaches & questions the coach might ask you
- List of women’s soccer programs
- From Coaches – College Coach Notes
This service will also advise the parent and student-athlete on the following: Unofficial visits, Official visits, the SAT & ACT, NCAA recruiting rules, College soccer camps, and the NCAA Clearinghouse (www.eligibilitycenter.org/).
Please make sure you bring a copy of your high school transcripts to your Advisor Meeting.
College Recruiting Process Resources
- College Handbook
- Girls Commitments: Campus delight
- National Collegiate Athletic Association, http://www.ncaa.org/ – tons of info on DI,DII, DII academics, requirements, rules, etc
- National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, http://www.naia.org/ – info on NAIA programs, requirements, etc.
- NCAA Eligibility Center, http://web1.ncaa.org/ECWR2/NCAA_EMS/NCAA.jsp
- NAIA Eligibility Center, http://www.playnaia.org/
- College Board, http://www.collegeboard.org/ – site has a ton of resources to help with college planning